Moving to Another House
Moving to a new house is a difficult process, especially when you have a lot of things you want to take with you. If you’ve decided to move with removalists, but you want to do the packing of things yourself, either for your own convenience or for financial reasons, there are some tips that will help both you and the workers!
Before the moving process you have to choose the removalist company that suits you best. It is preferable to inform them well in advance about when you want to move and how you want the process to be, e.g., you will pack the things, so that they know in advance what they will have to do.
Helpful Moving Tips
- Separate the things you will need the first few days in your new home and place them in a separate box, specifying with a note that they are “first day items” so you don’t have to search for them.
- To keep all of your items of each room separately collected, you can stick labels on each box that briefly write above what they include.
- Don’t put too many heavy items in one box. It is more likely that the box will get cut or even someone gets injured.
- Don’t forget to specify, with a label, which boxes have fragile items in them so that movers will pay more attention.
- Seal each box with enough tape on both sides, to make sure it won’t open.
- To save space and protect your fragile items, you can cover them with towels instead of plastic blisters.
- Prefer to use boxes with the same size to help removalists move and place them easily.
Things that Cannot be Packed
There are things that are difficult to pack. Some of them are the clothes, books or other heavy things. There are some tricks to move them with safety.
If you are a book-eater, surely, you have a lot of books and you will want to take all of them with you. To avoid packing them in boxes with the possibility of damaging them, you can place them in suitcases. For books and other heavy things it is preferable to pull them rather than to carry them. This way you will protect not only your objects but also removalists and yourself.
Clothes on hangers
For the clothes that are in your closet it is preferable to move them on their hangers. The only thing you have to do is to cover them with plastic bags to assure that they won’t fall down and you lose them. This way you will not need extra boxes for them. As soon as you arrive at your new home you will immediately put your clothes in the closet.
Don’t forget to empty your furniture before the removalists carry it. These items are already heavy. No need to make the removalists’ job more difficult. In addition, there is a high probability that if you have something fragile inside, it will be damaged as there is no safety inside the furniture and the removalists will not be able to take extra care of it.
It is significant for you to carry your personal belongings on your own, such as passports, personal documents, jewelleries, or anything else important to you. This way you will be sure about your things and avoid the possibility of losing them.
If you want to take your plants with you remember not to water them the night before. The soil saves the water and it makes the potty much heavier. This will make its move difficult for removalists.
When the day of the move arrives, there are some things you should do before the removalists come to make their work easier.
- Take the covers off the beds and put them on the things you’ll need in the first few days, so you won’t delay the removalists’ work.
- Remove any food left in your fridge. Moving is a time-consuming process, and there’s a chance that what’s left inside will rot, plus the fridge may start to drop, making it difficult to move.
- Be aware that when moving heavy furniture, there will surely be dirt left behind that you could not clean. You’d better clean it up so you don’t have any complaints from the owner.
- Do not hesitate to ask for the help of the removalists to knock down and assemble the furniture. Surely, they’ll be willing to help you.
Move with Quick Pick Movers
Quick Pick Movers, a removalist company, with experience in moving, is the best choice you can make if you plan to move. Our removalists, well-trained for moving, respect the needs of our customers and are happy to help you.
Choose Quick Pick Movers for an economical and professional move. You will be absolutely delighted from our services.